2012年4月29日星期日

Ski Notes

IMG_0149  >> D&G yesterday marked my first Milano show and frankly I surprised myself how much I ended up liking it.  I mean,Beats By Dr.Dre Solo HD, it's unashamedly taking themes of "skiing" (really BIG air quotation marks) and exploiting elements to an OTT point.  OF COURSE nobody is actually going to be taking to the piste wearing this stuff.  It's sort of like if there was a bimbo skit in a film and she's off to go "skiing" (again,monster beats solo headphones, big air quotes), these are the outfits she'd come up with.  And that's actually no bad thing...

Two notes really...I was struck by the reindeer sweaters which made me dig up this photo I snapped of the lovely Lynn Yaeger (she says I dress "cute"... awww gosh...) at the Cushnie et Ochs show in New York.  She was telling Julia Frakes about her collection of reindeer sweaters and took off her coat to reveal her yellow reindeer friends.  She's got quite a collection supposedly.  Will these D&G versions make the cut... perhaps the jumpsuit/onesie might be too much of an ask.  

I on the other hand am all for the onesie.  I'd also like to wear a reindeer Kigu suit over it just to add reindeer on top of reindeer...

Dgski1

IMG_0103 Then there are these shorts.   Y'all know how much I'm addicted to my Tao knitted shorts.  I am however loathe to wear them these days as overwearing has caused severe bobbling.  Before I take to knitting myself a pair, I might consider these slightly puffed out cuties which are not entirely knitted but do have knitted cuffs and waistbands (brilliant for indulging in mountains of fondue action no?).  I quite like them in the PU and floral satin fabric.  I've deliberately cut off the lower half though because instead of furry muk luk type boots (which the models were tripping up in so I'm assuming the heel is a little on the high side...),Coach Backpack black, I'm considering these H by Harris quilted leather gaiters from his new collection that was presented on Wednesday as part of the Fashion East Menswear installations.  He's doing his famed quilted jacket and backpack combo in more colours and has also added bits of womenswear too.

Dgski2

没有评论:

发表评论