2012年4月28日星期六

Learning to be Encouraging

>> I was meant to post this up yesterday but mountains of beef, goose, turkey, sprouts and roast potatoes got in the way (yes, I did indeed have THREE different kinds of meat...).  It's not much of a pressie but I did say two pairs of Prints Charming tights from the lovely Natalie Marie Willis would be winging their way over to the peeps who came up with some encouraging banners.  I got a flurry of emails and everyone had wise words to impart, so it was tough to choose two, and in the end I went for three instead.  I'd like to thank everyone for entering in their words and really they're all sagely words, but I did have to go for the ones that apply to myself so the three peeps are...

Encourgaging_ban2

"Deep Breaths"

Laura Hayes of London - This one's short but sweet and for a person like myself who goes into multiple panic attacks a day and frequently requires someone to take me by the shoulders to give me a good shake, telling me to calm the f*** down... I think these two words are quite useful.  

********************************************************************************

"You're not dead. Yet. And at least you're not Amanda Holden: Success, and a genuinely happy smile could still be yours"

Rachel May from Hertfordshire - Ok, so it's WAY too long for a banner unless you intend to hang one across the mirror hall of Versailles but it did make me chuckle.  I don't even particularly dislike Amanda Holden... I just found the idea of her being in an encouraging banner statement quite funny...

********************************************************************************

Encouraging_ban1

"There is so much left to learn."

Corrie Vierregger of New York -  Corrie's entry actually did make it to the Learning to Love You More website which in no way swayed the decision for me.  For mediocrities like myself who are consistently dissatisfied with  the amount of knowledge we have, these words particularly resonate with me.  There IS SOOOOOOOOOO much left to learn... and I SHOULD get a bloody move on with learning more...

********************************************************************************

So I've ordered the three pairs of tights for Laura, Rachel and Corrie and they should be with you asap.  Thanks everyone for entering though and Natalie's Etsy shop is open for business should you still be hankering for some printed tights... oh and of course, it goes without saying... hope everybody had a good Christmas and all that...

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论